Shopify is one of the leading eCommerce software used by bloggers and online retailers. As a blogger yourself, you’re likely familiar with it. So, for those of you in niches where your audience will also be trying to sell online, Shopify is a great affiliate partnership for you to point them to.
What is the Shopify Affiliate Program?
Affiliate marketers earn a commission from Shopify for the merchants they bring onto the Shopify platform, by sharing their unique referral link with their audience.
Shopify provides affiliates with educational tools, resources, and one-to-one affiliate management and guidance to help grow their businesses and expand their influence.
Affiliates’ audiences get in-depth educational content to start their entrepreneurial journeys on the right foot. And Shopify gets high-quality leads to continue making commerce better.
To make sure aspiring entrepreneurs are getting quality advice when choosing to use Shopify, all affiliates are vetted through an application process. To help you understand the different types of affiliates, what is Shopify looking for in affiliate applications, and how can you set yourself up for success as an affiliate marketer.
Who Shopify are looking for in this program?
The biggest thing Shopify is looking for in applicants is how they will use their affiliate link to provide value to potential Shopify merchants. Usually, this means creating learning experiences designed to help their audiences discover Shopify and start their own store.
Affiliates can create practical tutorials, courses, and in-person speaking or workshop events to share their knowledge. Merchants can then use this content as a guide to follow along at their own pace, and launch their own business.
Creating educational content in this way is especially impactful when your knowledge comes from your own personal experiences with entrepreneurship.
How to apply to the Shopify Affiliates Program
Now that you know what we look for in affiliate, you are ready to apply.
Although the questions are brief, take your time filling in the affiliate application. Brag about your experience and share your grand plans to collaborate with Shopify! Here are some tips when doing so:
- Identify where you will primarily promote Shopify. You may want to promote Shopify on your company’s website, in your podcast episodes, or as a lesson in your video course. Make sure the URL you provide is active, spelled correctly, and is not blocked by a password.
- Describe how you will promote Shopify. Are you launching a blog series about pop up shops? Are you creating info-graphics about the drop-shipping process? Take time to describe how past experiences make you extra qualified to promote Shopify in this way, and send examples or links of past work where you can.
- Describe your past experiences in digital marketing. Don’t worry—they aren’t looking for fifty years of digital marketing experience! Shopify just wants to know what your experience is with other partner programs or with digital marketing.
Detail is key in your application. Shopify wants to learn as much as they can about your business, so be sure to use examples, and provide links where you can.
It will take two business days to review your application. No matter what the outcome of your application, Shopify will get back to you to let you know what they have decided.
If you’re approved, they will send you an email with resources to help you get started as a Shopify Affiliate. This will include information on your Affiliate Manager, who will be your go-to resource for information on Shopify, guidance on growing your business, and insight on how to broaden your impact.
If you’re denied from the affiliate program, do not fret—you will receive a personalized email explaining exactly why you were denied, so you’ll have an idea of what to fix. You can then either reach out to the affiliates team and appeal the decision with more details, or update your application with more information.
Own your expertise as a Shopify Affiliate
The Shopify Affiliates Program is an opportunity for educators, thought leaders, and influences in the eCommerce field to share their expertise with a community of entrepreneurs. If that sounds like you, then apply today.
By partnering with us, you’ll get exclusive content, one-to-one guidance, and exciting commissions to bring your business to the next level. Click the button below to start your journey.
- You earn a lot per referral. You earn the first two months of your referral’s subscription fee (200% bounty), up to $598 on standard plans. 100% bounty on the enterprise plan which pays $2,000.
- It’s a platform worth referring people to. Shopify is the leading contender in its space. Very few other eCommerce platforms come close.
- It’s pretty niche. While the payout is great, your audience needs to be selling things online for Shopify to ever be relevant to them.